With all the attacks on abortion access happening right now in Texas, North Dakota, Ohio and nationwide — 2013 has already been labeled the worst year for reproductive freedom — it’s vital to have a reproductive rights advocate in the Senate.
Today’s the Special Election for the open Senate seat here in Massachusetts. I’ve shared with you all before why I think you should vote for Ed Markey. He has a proven track record advocating for reproductive rights, LGBTQ rights, equal pay for women, and environmental protection. But here are some more reasons to vote for him today:
- Not only does Ed Markey continuously vote to support abortion, he considers his support of the Affordable Care Act, which covers numerous healthcare services for women, his “proudest vote.” (via Planned Parenthood)
- “Ed Markey strongly opposes the Blunt amendment, which would have allowed employers to deny women coverage for birth control.” (via Planned Parenthood)
- Ed Markey has voted in support of comprehensive sexuality education and birth control access (via Planned Parenthood)
- “Gabriel Gomez has refused to answer whether he would support the Blunt amendment, which could give your boss control over your private health-care decisions.” (via NARAL Pro-Choice America and RH Reality Check)
- “Gabriel Gomez said he would vote to confirm anti-choice nominees to the Supreme Court – putting our freedoms at risk in any future reproductive-rights case.” (via NARAL Pro-Choice America)
- Gabriel Gomez supports detrimental waiting periods for abortions and doesn’t “think asking someone to wait 24 hours before they can actually go have an abortion is not asking a lot.” Right. (via RH Reality Check)
- Ed Markey has earned a 100% rating by both Planned Parenthood and NARAL Pro-Choice America
The polls close by 8pm TONIGHT. Not sure where to vote? Click: http://www.wheredoivotema.com/
We desperately need more pro-choice allies, more LGBTQ allies and more environmental allies in the Senate. Make your voice heard and vote for Ed Markey.